Sunday, April 6, 2014

Starting New.

Hello everyone :)

Not too long ago I got fed up with my blog. I didn't blog very often and I felt like I was failing at it. I wanted it to be something that it wasn't and that bothered me. So I deleted it. (Don't worry... I did save it before I did that so I would have some record of past events.)  I had been wanting to delete it for a while but felt a little guilty about doing so. It felt like I was just giving up on it and I don't like to be one of those people who just gives up on something. But I eventually did delete because it wasn't really making me happy.

A few weeks went by and I couldn't stop thinking about how I should probably start up a blog again. But I decided that if I was going to start it again I had to make it how I wanted it. So I've given it a lot of thought of how I want this "new" blog to be and, I guess, what I want to use it for.

First, I want it to be a personal blog. In the beginning "The Heart of Life" was more of a family blog. I had an "About Us" page rather than an "About Me" page. This wasn't entirely a bad thing, but I found that I was always writing the posts except the occasional Movie Review posts that my husband would write. Being the overthinker that I am, this bothered me. Especially after my husband started his own blog all about movies. It was unnecessary to have a "us" blog anymore. So, like I mentioned before, I want this new blog to be a personal blog where I will occasionally post about my family life, but it will be more like a journal for me and not a family journal.

Second, I want to make this blog about my interests, my thoughts, and my passions. I want it to express who I am and also my growth. I like to do a lot of things. I love yoga, fitness, cooking, baking, sewing, refinishing furniture, make-up, fashion, teeth (dental hygiene major right here), reading, movies, TV shows, health, and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I plan on sharing my thoughts on these things full-heartedly!

Third, I want this blog to be like a journal. One of my grandparents, my grandma (on my mom's side) is an amazing journal keeper. Before I was even born my grandma wrote in journals and has continued it throughout my 24 years of life and I imagine will continue it till her dying day (which I hope never comes). She has binders and binders of records that she has kept and I know that one day we will love to look through those and find the things she wrote about us and her thoughts about certain situations that took place throughout her life. I want this blog to be like that. I want my future grandchildren to be able to look at this blog and see what kind of person their grandmother was like and hopefully be an example to them like she has been to me.

I am not an exceptional writer, so please bear with me. I like to write, but I have found that I critique myself a lot and compare myself to other blogs that I read and find that I'm not as strong as this person or that person. But I'm hoping that through practice I will develop stronger writing skills and that you may find this blog entertaining.

So for those of you who used to read my old blog, welcome back and sorry for deleting the other one off the face of the planet. And for those of you who are just finding this blog, welcome!

I found this quote on pinterest and thought it fit this blogging situation I put myself in.

Thanks for reading,

Lara

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And I love you :) maybe this will be the inspiration I need to start my "right kind of blog". I have several, but all with the same problems. You're such an inspiration to me :) so excited to get to stalk you more!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, Chels! I love you. I'm glad you're stalking me more. Hopefully this blog becomes what I want it to become!

      Delete