Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Body is Screaming at Me.

Hello everyone :)

I hope you've had a good week so far. I truly do! I have had a little bit of an unusual week to be honest. 

I would say that overall my body is pretty healthy. I'm far from perfect. I hardly work out, but I try to make up for that by watching my portions and trying to eat healthy. I can tell my body needs me to work out, but I make excuses all the time. And that is life. Not really complaining about that because it's only my fault. 

But lately I think some things are starting to catch up to me. Maybe it's getting old, I'm not sure! But either way, it stinks. 

This week has been crazy busy with work. My boss was out of town last week and so we've been playing catch up this week. I knew it was going to be crazy, and I had the best intentions on taking good care of myself, but I fell short in that department. Let me tell you a little bit of how I have been treating myself this week... 

Monday: I had a pretty good night's sleep. Got to bed at a decent hour, set my clothes out for the next day, curled my hair because I had my Welcome Dinner that night. I even packed a healthy lunch the night before and ate breakfast on my way to work.And I barely had enough water for the day.  Day one of the week wasn't too shabby.

Tuesday: Had to wake up an hour earlier than usual because of my work schedule. I did not go to bed at a decent hour. I did pack a quick healthy lunch on my way out the door, and I had a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast. Already you can see that I'm having a decline in the preparedness factor and I didn't have the healthiest breakfast.... By about 3:00 I started feeling tired and the day was catching up to me. I put my chin to my fist while looking at our work schedule or something and noticed I had a tender lymph node. I think to myself, "No big deal. It will go away." By about 5 pm it had gotten worse. I go home and have Wendy's for dinner. I try to eat somewhat healthy when I go there, but I can't seem to go there without getting a Frosty. I decided to schedule a facial for the next day at my favorite spa because I needed to relax. I go to bed that night feeling a bit sick and really tired. Also, I only had like 32 oz. of water.

Wednesday: I woke up after not very many hours of sleep (welcome to my world) and pretty much every lymph node under my chin and one in my neck was swollen. The dang things won't drain! And they were very painful to touch. Every day at work was slam packed busy! No break in the schedule at all. And I didn't pack a lunch that morning. My diet at work consisted of Girl Scout Cookie thin mints (thank you Debbie from work), about 4 cake bites from the Sweet Tooth Fairy shop, and some water. SO BAD. I got off work and headed to my facial. At the spa they have some snacks while you wait to go get your service so I had myself a beautiful apple. That was heavenly. Seriously was the most delicious thing I'd had all day. And I drank some water. I was really hoping that having the facial and having the esthetician massage my lymph nodes would help them feel better. Right after the facial I got home and went right to bed. Also hoping that the extra sleep would be beneficial.

Today: Woke up late to get ready for work (also a usual part of my life) so I rushed to get out the door. My lymph nodes were still really swollen and I had a dull ache in my lower abdomen from what I think are repercussions of not eating very healthy.  I didn't have breakfast and couldn't eat anything because we were really busy at work until 12:30. I rushed to Subway to get me a sandwich, I loaded it with as many veggies as I could. That was a healthy choice. But as you can see from my little log up top I started the week off strong and slowly got worse and worse at taking care of myself.

My body is seriously screaming at me. It's like, "What the heck are you doing to me?!" I seriously think that the swollen lymph nodes, the constant tired feeling that I have, and the dull ache in my stomach is my body telling me FEED ME GOOD FOOD, HYDRATE ME, GIVE ME SLEEP!!! JUST TAKE CARE OF ME!!!

Bodies need routine to stay healthy. At least I know mine does for sure. I have always been a fan of routine and when I get out of it like I have lately my body gets really angry. I haven't felt this worn down in so long. But enough with the depressing stuff. I know how I'm going to fix it!

My new night routine will consist of something like this:
  • Eat a well balanced dinner, home cooked. Simple is even better.
  • Unwind from work by watching TV. But no more than an hour each night.
  • Straighten my house before I go to sleep so that it's organized.
  • Pack a lunch and breakfast for the next day and set out my clothes for the next day.
  • Get ready for bed--shower, wash my face, brush and floss my teeth, stretch, and read my scriptures.
  • Massage lavender oil on my feet and behind my ears. 
  • Go into a blissful sleep by 10:30!
My new day routine will consist of:
  • Eating a good breakfast and lunch
  • Drinking lots and lots of water
  • Getting fully ready each morning before I leave for work.
  • Getting some form of exercise even if it's just doing 20 sit-ups.
Such simple things that I never do, but I'm going to start! I have got to start taking better care of myself because my body deserves it. In my choice of study I have really learned how truly amazing bodies are and they are definitely something we need to take care of. So I'm going to make sure mine stops screaming at me! And hopefully this swollen lymph node mess will go away soon.

I loved this quote I found on pinterest today. Not the best looking picture of it, but I thought the words were true. If your daily routine is healthy, then your future will be healthy!


What do you do to help your body stay happy? I would love ideas. Post them on my Facebook post or in the comments below! Thanks for reading :)

Love,
Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment